Everyday pink lip products

Saturday, July 5, 2014




It's no secret I'm a pink girl at heart - though it's not my favourite color, I often gravitate towards this ultimate girly shade. I've been wearing a lot of pink lipsticks on my lips, so I thought I would do a round up today - it's summer and you might find this helpful! I skipped the neons, brights and dark pinks today, and focused instead on more everyday lip colours. Let's see what we have ...

A recent buy is the Revlon Colorburtst Lacquer Balm in the shade 110 Coquette. I've wanted their balms for ages, and finally decided to get one. I was totally expecting to go for a matte finish, but surprisingly picked up one of the Lacquers instead. I thought I'd get a substitute for my Clinique Chubby Stick, which I recently used up, and this is great. It's actually very bright for such a light pink shade, and has some shimmer as well. I'm not normally a shimmer/glitter girl, but I adore this one. I know American stores have this for really cheap, but I paid around 10€ in my local drugstore.

Next is a drugstore lipstick which I got from Nina (thank you). This is a dark shade in the tube, but translates sheerer on the lips. It's similar to the previous one, but has a lot less shimmer. This lipstick comes from a European drugstore brand called Deborah, it's called Light Creator Shine & Volume in number 5. I have no idea how much it costs, but you can find it in stores like Müller.

Another Revlon goodie - their Colorburst Lip Butters are still one of my favourite products. The shade 090 Sweet Tart is incredibly glossy and buttery, it applies so well and just glides on. The color is very intense, a corally pink which looks amazing on the lips. You can dab it on for a stain or do a full-on swipe for a really intense look. Love this one and have almost used it up. Again, really inexpensive abroad, but around 10€ in my country.

My next two picks are two I've talked about a lot this past month. They're both from MAC - one is their Lustre lipstick in Lovelorn, and the other is Pink Nouveau, a Satin. Lovelorn is very glossy, a wearable light pink. I can't wear light lipsticks mostly, because they really make me look pale and washed out, but this is great. Pink Nouveau is something I'd describe as a toned down Barbie Pink, it's a great stand out color for the day or the evening. No shimmer at all in this one, though it is a little bit drying. Price varies by country, but I paid around 17€ for each.

Finally, another European drugstore gem, Catrice Ultimate Colour Lipstick in 130 Frozen Rose. This is something very different for me. It's a light pink, applies semi-matte. It doesn't have much shimmer. This is the closest to a nude shade I'll probably ever come - it's very light for me, but actually looks okay if I'm in the mood for that. I'm still getting used to it, but I thought it would be nice to include a lighter shade for all of you who don't share my love of bright shades. I got this for free with last month's Cosmopolitan Slovenija, otherwise it costs around 4€ I think. Available in drugstores like Müller.

There we go, some everyday pink lipstick picks (try saying that out loud). What is you favourite everyday pink lip colour?

Share your opinion:

  1. Nice post. Actually, the lipstick from Catrice looks interesting. How would you considerit in terms of transfer from the lips and in terms of resistence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't transfer that much, but it is a little bit drying so I think the two are connected ... Lasts about 2 hours on me!

      Delete
  2. So many gorgeous shades. I love the MAC ones! Also the colorburst lip butters are some of my favourites too!

    The Sunday Chapter
    Angela xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. mene pa zanima kje si kupila zvezek?:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tale Deborah je super, jo imam tudi jaz. Lepi odtenki :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ne vem kateri je lepši odtenek :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Tart is one of my all time favourite pinks! It's such a stunning colour.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I try to reply to everyone!